Friday, August 3, 2012

My 32nd...


My 32nd birthday was this week and the lovely blonde spoiled me rotten.  Flowers at work, homemade dinner (scallops cooked to perfection), thoughtful presents, and...an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie cake (my family fights over her cookies) in the shape of a heart.  While cooking me dinner, I was instructed to stay out of the kitchen so I relaxed on the couch with Son & Rosie listening to Ray LaMontagne, Nina Simone and Van Morrison on the record player.  Does it get any better than that?  Everything was amazing.  But honestly, my favorite part of the entire evening was the card she gave me...and just seeing how much she loves my birthday.  She also hooked me up with a new do (hairdo) for 32 by sending me to her stylist (thanks to Tim at the Skyline Salon!). 

I have this really cool book I picked up during one of our book store adventures called "Now is the Time: 170 Ways to Seize the Moment..."  It's full of great little nuggets to seize the day.  I stumbled upon this passage on my birthday...how apropos.  Here's to 32 and loving life!

Now is the time...to treasure your memories.
We each have a unique album of personal memories: 
mental snapshots of the key moments in our lives.
Every so often, look through your album.
Relive them.
Learn from them.
Hand them down to your kids.
Then go and add to them.

"Every man's memory is his private literature."
-Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

you deserve all this and more. those scallops look delicious! and i love your hair. :) i think it's the coolest that god brought the two best people together and put them in our family. i get teary every time i see you soo happy. love you.