Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 4

08.23.09 - Day 4: Paint it Forward

"Today I am reminded of all that is good in the world." -Kobi Yamada

It's one of those mornings...I can already feel it.  A good, creative day.  And what creative day is complete without...Starbucks?  It's actually my dog's fault today.  He woke me up at 7am, did his business, ate some food and then kept whining at me as if to say, "It's Sunday! Where's my doggy whip [that's what they call whip cream in the drive thru lane at Starbucks], mama?"  So off we went...

Two doggy whips and two dogs who desperately need a bath later, I'm back to staring at the butterfly.  I can't decide if I like the words coming out or if I should paint over them and make them pop out in a different way.  Is this canvas finished and I just don't know it?  That's how the others happened.  I got an idea in my head one night at about 11pm, went down to my studio [otherwise known as the basement] and started painting.  3 hours later, my first was complete: Abstract Flower 1.  I know, such a creative name, right?  But "what's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." It didn't come out of a defined source of inspiration, and neither did my second: Abstract Tree 1.  So that's why they have plain names. I'm not really feeling the flower anymore.  It was my first painting back after a very, very, very...VERY [get the point?] long hiatus.  I feel like I could do it better the second time around...but I promise, I won't paint over it.

In the meantime...Phase IV, to be or not to be?

Abstract Flower 1; Abstract Tree 1

1 comment:

kris said...

Your paintings are amazing!!! I love your work!